15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, 18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe,according to the working of his great might
- Spirit of wisdom and revelation-Lord I ask for wisdom that comes from you to know your heart, your thoughts, and your response in all things.
- enlightened heart-Lord I ask for a heart that is open and available to give love and be a recipient of it. Shine the light upon my heart to expose any and all areas that have been wounded and unattended. Heal my brokenness Lord and give me Your heart to minister to those whose hearts are heavy and wounded. I need Your compassion to serve Your people; please don’t allow my witness to be impeded because of pride, un-forgiveness and resentment.
- the hope to which I have been called-Lord I humbly ask of You to keep my mind stayed on You so that what You have called me to do never dies without fulfilling its purpose. I yield to Your will and may my hope in You preserve and keep me until the day of Jesus Christ.
- the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints– Lord I ask for more of YOU. You died that I might inherit eternal life and I thank You! I pray and ask that You continually live in me and pour out of me for the up-building of Your kingdom. Let the wealth of Your spirit perfect every deficient area of my life. Until I am a first partaker of Your fruit, I won’t be fruitful.
- immeasurable greatness of His power-Lord cause to me to the know the width, length, depth, and height of Your love that passes my knowledge. Fill me with the fullness of You.
- the working of his great might-Lord show forth Your mighty hand in my life that I may be sensitive to Your leading and obedient to Your word. Lord, work Your word in my life for perfecting of this yielded vessel. Tear out everything that is not profitable to You and heal every broken place. Lord allow the greatness of Your grace to abound richly in my heart.
I don’t deserve Your love Lord, but I am so thankful for it. When I pray, I pray with an expectation. I pray believing He’s hearing me and He’s answering. This was a good prayer. I want to be a better disciple, I don’t want to just be saved for me; I want to be saved to serve others.